Volunteering with Jesters
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with Jesters Theatre! Running our programs takes a team of people in many different roles, using a variety of passions and skills. We would love to chat with you about where you might best fit in.
If you’re interested in getting involved, please send us a message through our Contact Us tab, and we will be in touch.
Steps for Volunteers to Complete:
1) Criminal Record Check *bi-annually*
All volunteers with Greater Vancouver Youth Unlimited must complete a criminal record check. This must be done as part of the application and then again every 2 years while an active volunteer.
To complete, simply go to your local RCMP or Police Station and request a criminal record check form. Fill out the form and have it returned to:
Greater Vancouver Youth Unlimited
#115 – 12975 84th Avenue
Surrey BC, V3W 1B3
You may be asked to present a “Request Form” to authorize GVYU to receive the request information. Please print, fill out and present this form: Criminal Record Check Release Form
2) Training Video *annually*
Please click the following link to watch the required training video, once every year: Volunteer Training Video
3) Volunteer Applications: *one time only*
Depending on the role you are interested in, there will be a different application form to fill out. There are three types:
- Level 1: Behind-the-Scenes Volunteering (no interaction with youth)
- Level 2: Volunteering in Support Roles (some interaction with youth)
- Level 3: Volunteering Directly with Youth (active interaction and leadership with youth)
Click Here to check out possible Job Descriptions!