Our young leaders are the future of tomorrow and we love being part of their growth!
Jesters Theatre serves youth aged Grades 3-12 through a variety of programs. As they grow older, many participants want to share their experience and develop leadership skills while still having the opportunity to enjoy the fun of Teen Camps. Leadership Development Camp was created to help young leaders grow their skills, understand biblical leadership and engage their creative side. They play a key role in developing safe and fun Kids Camps. Kids feel a sense of belonging when our student leaders show genuine care for their thoughts and feelings and yet be silly enough to engage in random water gun sprays or spontaneous dance parties!
Often, our student leaders will find summer jobs at Jesters Theatre or gain valuable volunteer experience that leads them toward employment elsewhere.
Sound like an opportunity for you? Then read the details below and fill in an application, because we can’t wait to hang out with you!
- July 5-9
- 9am – Noon onsite daily with take-home assignments & reflections that will be discussed the next day.
- Location: Northview Community Church in Mission
- Fee: $125 ($100 for Leadership Camp plus a $25 resource fee at Kids Camp)
- Limited to 10 participants – so register early!
** Please note that every Student Leader is required to attend a Teen Camp that corresponds to the Kids Camp they will serve at. Regular registration fees apply. See details on the registration page.
Summer Student Leader Requirements
- In Grade Gr. 7-12
- Able to commit to 3 weeks of learning and serving.
- Able to assist at 1 of the Krispy Kreme fundraising events (see registration page)
- In attendance at our Teen Acting Camp or Musical Teen Camp before volunteering at our corresponding Kids Acting or Kids Musical Camps.
- Available to arrive at 8:00 am each day of the corresponding Kids Camp for set up, participation in devotions, and prayer.
- Available to stay after camp each day of the corresponding Kids Camp for Mentoring Feedback for 30 mins (12:30 – 1 pm)
- Willing to be a hard-working, fun, and caring leaders!
Our Summer Leadership Development Mentor, Riley Wiebe will be joining Artistic Director Ryan Scramstad for a fun filled week of Leadership Training that will be challenging, encouraging and with a good dose of laughter thrown in.
Because they know that the best Leaders have CONFIDENCE in their QUIRKY SIDE too and aren’t afraid to show it!